Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The End

Ever since I can remember I have always been interested about mythology. I went to the library and read Greek mythology; I would look up Greek gods and see who they were and what they did. In high school I took every class of Mr. Parsons because most of his classes were on mythology and the Greek stories, but the only time that I really ever understood mythology instead of just loving the stories was when I came to Sexsons class. Not only did I get to read the stories I got involved with the stories and the very structure of mythology.  I learned the depths of myth and what they represented not only to be stories but a way for human beings to look back and see reality.  We read about myth and its reality that we do not see every day, the many different cultures that keep mythology as a tradition and a true belief of the beginning. I may not fully awaken but I do know now that I am awakened to myth and seeing everyday signs that other people do not. The last question that was asked by Sexson was what Ovid story relates to you? In my case I think I’m related more to Ceyx & Alcyone, because in my past I had love. I never could be without that person who brought so much contentment in my life, who made my heart be faster and slower at the same time. But a day came were by night I would never see my love no more. Because I did not want to go to a party and the one I will never see again wanted to, so to make peace I said that I would stay while my love could go. But as twilight came I was awakened by my mother to be told that my lover had died from a fire. I could not speak nor cry, every part of my heart was shattered, for days no words escaped my lips. The only sad part is that we cannot be untied by flight. This is the final blog but not the end but a true beginning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment